Tattoo You (A Men’s Night Out)
I’m part of a group of guys that goes out monthly in my neighborhood to, well, drink I suppose, mostly. But we manage to sneak some other activities in there as well. Anyway, it was my turn to host, which really means decide where we’re going to drink, and I decided to put a spin on it. “Memorable” was my theme for the evening because usually I can’t remember anything afterwards.
Here’s the text of the invite. Right now we have two “As” that will attend, and a handful of “As” that “would attend if they weren’t traveling, on the road, whatever, child’s birthday, whatever.”
Would you be an A or a B?
Fellow Men of My Neighborhood,
Here are Two Possible Plans for our next Meeting. Please Pick “A – Tattoo You” or “B – Silver Balls” by end of day 10/3/2014. Later votes will not be counted.
A: “Tattoo You” (Minimum 8 People)
- We meet at Maekawa Bar at 7:30.
- We each bring an image that is at least 3″ X 3″ that has enough personal meaning to us for one reason or another that we are willing to embed that image onto our body.
- We bring a story that is worth everybody else’s time on why that image is worth embedding on our body.
- We order a shitload of food and drink and really go to town enjoying this meal. We spend liberally. (hang on)
- At the end of the meal, each of us places our name on the back of a business card. We describe our tattoo on the card lest we forget what we promised to embed.
- We put the business cards into a sack and draw one out.
- The “winner,” if you can call him that, has two options:
- Pay for this first meal in its entirety for everybody with a 25% gratuity and be done with it forever
- Tattoo that image on his body in the next 30 days or pay for all subsequent bakermen evenings out until remedied with a tattoo
- You don’t show up at the evening unless you’re ready to play.
- If you do not bring an image or concept clearly drawn, one will be provided for you.
- You will remember this evening forever.
B: “Silver Balls” (Minimum Doesn’t Even Apply Here)
- We meet at Bush Garden in the international district for a round (or two) of drinks. The address is 614 Maynard Avenue S., Seattle, WA 98104
- We head over to the Seattle Pinball Museum for unlimited pinball play for an hour or so. The address is 508 Maynard Ave. S. Seattle, WA 98104
- We head to Maekawa Bar. The address is 601 S.King Street, 2nd FLR Seattle, WA 98104
- We eat dinner, drink and talk about what pussies we were for not doing the tattoo thing.
- You will remember this evening forever, too, for completely different reasons.
Winning category in responses over the next week determines the evening. If A wins and there’s not 8 people, we default to Silver Balls.